The NIH supports a number of Repositories for the acquisition, storage and distribution of chemical and biological samples, and standards to researchers worldwide. In many cases there is no, or only a nominal fee for samples. The repositories listed below are sponsored by NCI/DTP. Please visit the individual Repository's homepage for inventory details, distribution policies and procedures.
To download Adobe Reader for PDF documents, click here.
Resources Branch Preclinical Repository:
A repository of bulk cytokines, monoclonal antibodies, cytokine standards, and other research reagents.
Testing Branch Tumor Repository:
A repository of in vitro cell lines, transplantable animal and human tumors and microarrays.
A repository of >140,000 small molecules and pure natural products.
- Find status of compounds previously ordered from the NCI Open Chemical Repository Collection
- Approved Oncology Drugs Set IV - 101 compounds
- Diversity Set IV - 1596 compounds
- Mechanistic Set II - 816 compounds
- Natural Product Set II - 120 compounds
A repository of natural product extracts from marine and plant sources collected worldwide.
Radiolabeled Materials Repository:
A repository of more than 100 radiolabeled samples for research and distribution to qualified, licensed research laboratories.
- NCI- Chemical Carcinogen Reference Standards
- NCI- Cooperative Human Tissue Network
- NCCR- Mouse Mutant Gene Resource
- NCCR- National Repository for Transgenic Mice and Rats
- NHLBI- Biologic Specimen Repository
- NIA- Cell Repository
- NIAID- AIDS Research & Reference Reagent Repository
- NIAID- Gene Knockout/Transgenic Mice- NIAID Exchange Program
- NIAID- Malaria Research and Reference Reagent Resource Center
- NIAID- Reference Reagent Repository
- NIAID- TB Research Materials & Vaccine Testing Contract